Sunday, October 13, 2013

So......


The Wiebes are adding another passport to the family! 

Thats right, we are expecting our first child, set to arrive in late April, 2014. 
We are over the moon with this news, and feel so blessed that God is entrusting us with this life.

I (Edolbina) have been doing well. I was sick (all day, every day) for the first 7 weeks, but God had just enough grace to give me, I was able to get through the shifts and assignments. Andrew has been amazing, cooking for me (or rather, making toast, yet again) and taking such good care of me. Life here is not easy. If you need something, you cannot just run to the store to get it, you usually have to go to market, which is such an adventure. I usually love the market, but with my heightened sense of smell (and nausea!) the heat and smells of the market became quite the challenge. Dried fish, fermented guts, rotting buffalo meat (a local delight) and many more smells would assault me, leaving me heaving and dizzy on the sidewalk. All that to say, Andrew has had to make many market runs, bless his heart. 

For those of you wondering, yes, I will be having this baby here in the Philippines. I happen to have access to one of the best midwives in the Philippines, as well as a host of amazing student midwives. I find it to be an incredible privilege to walk through pregnancy at this time, when I am ministering to so many in the same boat! It has given me so much compassion and insight so far! 
Thank you for your prayers so far, we really appreciate them! Please pray for the baby, that it will grow healthy and strong and that I will gain more energy to do the work we came here to do! 

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us"
Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment